Share your #DIYHorrorStory and win a Fixings Goodie Bag!
Do you have a spine-chilling story of when DIY work went horribly wrong? Collapsed ceiling? Gaping wall holes? Have you witnessed a monumental disaster or dodgy workarounds on the job? Share your #DIYHorrorStory with us for Halloween!
All you need to do is:
- Follow us on Instagram or Twitter
- Post a photo of the DIY horrors you witnessed (or caused!) on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #DIYHorrorStory and tag us (Twitter @metexonline, Instagram @metex.online) in the post!
We’re giving away 10 goodie bags with a Cobra Pro Kit, Corefix, Marxman marking pen, Metex DrillStop, Halloween candy (exact types may vary) and a scary Halloween mask to randomly selected participants!
Closing date: October 22nd 2021.
Terms and Conditions apply – see below.
Terms & Conditions
Metex Online Social Media Competition running 11 October 2021 to 22 October 2021
1. The promoter is: Metex Online Ltd whose registered office is at Basepoint Business Centre, Rivermead Ind Estate, Swindon, Wilts, SN5 7EX.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, except employees of Metex Online and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Twitter and Instagram. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
6. Closing date for entry will be 22/10/2021 at 12pm. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Entrants must follow Metex Online on Twitter or Instagram, post their entry on either of these platforms with the hashtag #DIYHorrorStory and tag Metex Online Ltd in the post to be entered into the competition
- Only 1 entry per person
- 1 prize per entry
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
11. The prize is as follows:
- Winners will receive a goodie bag with a selection of Metex fixings, Halloween candy (exact type may vary) and a Halloween mask (randomly selected)
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
12. Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
13. The winner will be notified by DM on Twitter or Instagram, depending on which platform they participated on, within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
14. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
15. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
18. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. User Generated content: You are solely responsible for the content you post to participate in the competition, and may be held liable for content that you post. In this regard, you agree that you will comply with the following Acceptable Content Policy and not submit content that:
- Is hateful, abusive, racist, discriminatory, sexually offensive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, threatening to another user, promotes violence, is infringing of third party rights (such as copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights, or confidentiality), invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, disruptive to the flow of chat or in our reasonable view, otherwise objectionable.
- impersonates another person (including celebrities), indicates falsely that you are an employee or a representative of companies or business partners you are not an employee or representative of.
- you do not own or have the rights to submit or that is illegal.
- promotes any form of illegal activity including (by way of example) hacking, drug taking, terrorism, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
- contains advertising, promotions or commercial solicitations of any kind or could constitute junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.
20. Metex Online Ltd reserves the right to disqualify entries it deems to be in violation of the above Acceptable Content Policy.
21. By entering this competition, you grant Metex Online Ltd, its affiliates and/or related entities a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable right to use your video(s), photo(s) and/or other competition entry content posted to Instagram or Twitter together with your social media handle, social media user name, profile picture, caption and location information you may have included in your content (“User Content”) in any media, including but not limited to its webpages, social media pages, emails, digital advertising, retailer sites, third party sites, stores for its marketing and/or its advertising both print and digital.
22. You grant Metex Online Ltd the right to use your username, real name, image, likeness or other identifying information in connection with any use of your User Content.
23. Metex Online Ltd may use, display, reproduce, distribute, transmit, combine with other materials, alter and/or edit the User Content for legal and/or regulatory reasons in any way it sees fit, with no obligation to you whatsoever.
24. By participating in this competition, you confirm and agree that: (i) you own all the rights in the User Content and/or that you have permission from any person(s) appearing in the User Content to grant the rights herein; (ii) you and all other person(s) appearing in the User Content are not under 16; and (iii) Metex Online Ltd’s use of your User Content will not break any law or violate the rights of a third party. Metex Online Ltd has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who claims that the User Content infringes their rights.
25. The winner’s name will be available 7 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com, Metex Online, Basepoint Business Centre, Rivermead Ind Estate, Swindon, Wilts, SN5 7EX
26. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
27. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Metex Online and not to any other party.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
- Metex Online will judge the competition and decide on the winner which will be picked at random from all complete entries via Twitter and Instagram.
- Metex Online’s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- The entrant must be following @MetexOnline on Twitter in order to enter.
- Metex Online shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Metex Online also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.